Thursday, February 4, 2010

Everyday is a gift

After a long time, I watched 3 Indian romantic movies in a row with a kind of vengeful appetite. The first one was "Pokkisham", a Tamil movie by Cheran (starring himself and Padmapriya). Though the movie at times tested my patience, a melodious song "Nila, en Vaanam, Kaatru, Isai..." still reveberates in my ears. I repeated that song for 5 or 6 times until I concluded "Love is what we live for".

The second one was "Cheeni Kum". I watched that movie for Tabu. Her character reminded me of the most romantic girl in my life. Sorry Bachchan fans, I started hating that guy's acting.

The third one - "Das vidaniya" is about the last 10 things a cancer patient does in his life, I started at around 1 AM, but could not stop it until the movie ended at around 3 in the morning. There were a few moments in between when I did not bother to control tears snailing down my cheek in the privacy of my room. It reminded me of my own death and the unknown number of days we all have in our life.

Today when I woke up, I thanked God remembering Jhumpa Lahiri's words from her novel Namesake, "Everyday since then has been a gift".

1 comment:

  1. It takes a little while to accept that Life is GOD's gift to us. But once you realize it, you will live life to the fullest and in happiness.

    ReplyDelete