Thursday, October 29, 2009

Loneliness

Remember, we tread this path many a night?
Night after night, we had tales to tell.
Tales about us, repeated hundreds of times.
But every time, we broke the stillness with our laughter
The nervous stillness of the gloomy earth,
Awaiting the golden kiss of its lover moon;
That tender touch which made every tip of grass
To rise up in delight like hairs on our skin.

Now, when I walk alone, I remember those nights.
And I wish I could laugh the way we did.
Or I wish there be a storm that blows out your thoughts from me
Like the desert storm that purges the past.
New dunes to be formed, and new footprints to emerge,
Burying the ones that it bore before.
Then I feel, despite the pain it gives, let your thoughts stay in me
For I become lonely, when even thoughts desert me…..

3 comments:

  1. Such an apt poem for my present situation! Gosh!!! Feel so lonely :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no better time than being lonely to flood Might Michaelites 89 with blogs.
    Buckling up to read more from "Anonymous".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thanks for that, oru vazhipokkan :) was a kind gesture indeed ....will try to keep my loneliness away n post more blogs :)

    ReplyDelete